About Combative Wing Chun (温哥华咏春堂)
Combative Wing Chun is the only martial arts school in the world With the “Accelerated Wing Chun Program” That teaches Chinese kung fu and culture with realistic self-defense in a family-friendly atmosphere.
We are martial arts school based in Canada, founded by Sifu David, who has been training martial arts since 2007.
Our members include teens, college students, university students, parents and their children, working individuals, self-employed individuals, business owners and more.
Our training hall is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and we also provide training worldwide through our online wing chun school and our DVD instructional courses.
Who is Sifu David (黄师傅)?
Sifu David (黄师傅) was born in hong kong and immigrated to Canada at a young age of 4. As a physically smaller kid and a minority who didn’t speak the language, he was often bullied by the larger kids in his school. Fortunately, he would often fight back which eventually caused the bullies to leave him alone.
He took this “never-give-up” attitude later into his life, which helped him in several confrontations throughout his life – some won, some lost.
It’s after one of significant these “losses” that prompted him to seriously get training so that he wouldn’t face the pain and embarrassment of losing again.
And so began his quest, spending the next few years seeking out the best teachers and masters around the world.
After years of training, Sifu David wanted to aggregate all of his experiences in martial arts, ranging from taoist qi gong methods, advanced meditation, tai chi, wing chun, to military style self protection and modern fighting psychology and tactics; with personal lessons gathered through failures and successes and create one simple system that would benefit those who seek to better themselves, physically, mentally and spiritually.
Since Sifu David found no such place that exists in the world, he decided to create his own system and school for passing on this knowledge and wisdom for those who seek it. As they say, “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.”
Why Should You Learn From Sifu David?
Sifu David is certified in multiple martial arts systems and self defense training programs and has been practicing martial arts since 2007. He also is a…
- Trained as 3rd Generation Student of Bruce Lee
- Trained in the Yip Man / Yip Ching wing chun lineage
- Disciple of a Tai Chi master trained by the Shaolin temple
- Completed 14-day military hand-to-hand combat training (more training than most US Special Forces)
- Has over 1000 hours of coaching and teaching experience
- Trained over 2000 students worldwide
His passion in martial arts, personal improvement and leadership development is what drives him to establish Combative Wing Chun Martial Arts as a place to help others achieve their personal goals, overcome obstacles and succeed in their own lives.
10 More Cool Things About Him…
- At age 9, he fell over the stair railings and cracked his head open, the surgeons said that there was only a 50% chance of survival, but thank God, after 8 hours of surgery and 24 hours of unconsciousness, he pulled through (with no apparent brain damage ;)
- He cured himself from a chronic digestive disease (doctors say there is no cure) in 2016! And he did it with the help of qi gong and meditation!
- He is the CEO of an app development company that has created hundreds of apps with over 21,000,000 downloads!
- At 21, with no formal legal training, he won a court hearing against a professional lawyer
- He can comfortably submerge in an ice bath for 2 minutes
- His record for holding his breath is 4 min 32 seconds!
- He can break an inch-thick wooden board at extreme close range effortlessly!
- He is the creator and innovator of Combative Wing Chun training system!
What Makes CWC Radically Different From Any Other School?
Combative Wing Chun is the ONLY martial arts school in the world that…
- Has The Accelerated Wing Chun Program
- Combines Chinese kung fu and culture with realistic self defense
- Teaches self-mastery and life skills
- AND also has a family-friendly atmosphere
Interested in becoming a student at Combative Wing Chun? Start your classes today! Signup on the form on this page, or call today 877-882-4424.